The best strategy is outbound prospecting rather than online ads or events. The stages of prospecting is as below:
- Create a list of 30 schools.
- Do a research to find out , are they using any software in this space or not.
- Find out the name and email id of the person you are targeting, if they are not using any compete-ting software.
- Outreach them first via email and then a call two days later to all those who have not replied and then another email for all those whom you could not reach by the earlier two attempts. You should have 6 attempts to outreach these companies.
- The email contents and the phone pitch should be around the intention to create curiosity and it should talk about the goals people are trying to achieve. It should not be about product features. You can use elevator pitch here. If you need a sample template for elevator pitch, use this
- When the first call is arranged, give your elevator and try to discover things. How does your school management process work today? how long has been these system? What challenges you are facing now? If you face problem that the customer is not opening up and sharing these info to you, that means you are not able to generate trust. The way to generate trust is sharing a similar case study or research and/or showing empathy through your words. Words like, I do not want to waste your time or see you guiding to wrong things. Hence, in order that I can evaluate if I am right fit or not, may you please allow me to answer certain questions.
- You need to look for customer segment that has need rather than nice to have. Customer segment should have need. If this segment does not have , change and move to another segment.
- The presentation format also matters. It should not start with product features.
There are few more details. How to engage them? How you create need ? How to get commitment? The role is to create need. However, once you reach to this stage , you can send me next set of questions.